eat bread...drink coffee

Friday, May 16, 2008

im rejecting one of my scholarship offers and it feels really surreal. My other offer says conditional offer subject to the terms and conditions and a medical checkup. All should turn out fine, but im quite apprehensive whenever i see the word 'conditional'. Everything feels so uncertain and all the what-ifs start popping out. First it was Cambridge and the IELTS test which i can only confirm in July. Now it's the scholarship. It feels scary having to reject other offers and unis when nothing is 100% confirmed.

It's seemingly so simple to just fill in the form and submit. I know which scholarship im leaning towards. I've thought about it for quite some time already. But with the deadlines so close, I start to wonder if i've considered thoroughly enough what im commiting myself to for the next 10 years of my life. As cliche as it sounds, a scholarship is really much more than the money, it's the career. Am i ready for the job, the opportunities and the challenges ahead? I'd like to say I will be and im really looking forward to finding out what lies ahead. But it's always better to be safe than sorry. Anyone feels the same way?

I've been out with my parents quite alot recently to get stuff for uni like luggage and some winter wear. Oh well, there's sale at Robinsons anyway. It hasnt sunk in yet that in about 4 months i'll be flying off and prob wont be home till next june. That is unless my parents decide that they miss me too much and want me home in december. And of course, that my uni place and scholarship are confirmed. Btw, i realised that im starting to sound all cynical again. Notice the change in tone in this paragraph compared to the previous two. I guess im just not used to writing in proper english. How to pass IELTS like that?

Anw, im still taking my time to blog bout stuff that happened over the past month or so. Various outings and dance nite especially. Anw I just got an message on msn from some unknown user and blocked it. Im just too wary of spams and viruses already.

Oh look, it's 1.12am already. TGIF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home